Last Updated: 9/27/23
- Information we collect and how we collect the information
The information we collect depends how you interact with us. We collect information about you when you visit or register to use our website (https://belongdesigns.com/), conduct business transactions and purchase Products from Belong Designs, or when the information is shared with us by our service providers or other third parties.
- Information collected when using the Website. We may collect the following “Personal Information” about you when you use our Website:
- Identifiers: Your name, login credentials if you register an account on the Website, birth date, gender, IP address, and contact information (including phone number, email address, address).
- Commercial Information: Financial information, purchase and order history, submissions, and payment card information, including credit or debit card information, that you voluntarily provide through the Website.
- Characteristics and Descriptions: Content such as messages, comments, photos, videos, social media type posts, and other information or feedback submitted through the Website (if any).
- Internet or other Network Activity: Information about the device you use to access the Services, including operating system, web browser type, traffic logs, mobile network information, any referring web page you were visiting before you connected to the Website, and other information about your use of the Website, including traffic data and logs, navigation patterns, searches, page views, date and time you use the Website, and duration of use.
- Device Data. Information about the language or country configuration of the device you use to access the Website.
In general, we collect this information directly from you, or automatically from you, when you use the Website.
- Information collected when you conduct business transactions with Belong Designs. We may collect the following Personal Information about you when you conduct business transactions with Belong Designs, including to purchase our Products: Identifiers and Commercial Information (including payment card information, if you voluntarily provide it to us). In general, we collect this information directly from you to sell and deliver our Products.
- Information collected from our service providers. We may collect the following Personal Information about you when our service providers or other third parties (including our marketing partners or affiliates) lawfully share the Personal Information with us: Identifiers and Commercial Information. In general, if we receive your Personal Information from our service providers or other third parties, we process your Personal Information as a data processor on behalf of such service providers and third parties or as a joint controller. In that context, we only process the Personal Information as instructed by such parties, according to transparent responsibilities defined between Belong Designs and those third parties, and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
- By visiting our page, you consent to receiving personalized marketing messages via email as provided by third party marketing services.
You are not required to provide Personal Information to Belong Designs. However, if you do not provide us with Personal Information, you may not be able to use certain features of the Website (including account registration) or engage in online business transactions with us to purchase Products. We may also collect non-identifying or aggregated information in the form of marketing surveys, survey responses, demographic information, and information about your use of the Products and Websites. Your participation in any surveys we conduct is voluntary.
We generally do not collect information that is considered sensitive under data protection laws, such as a social security number (or other government issued identification number) or health information. If we receive sensitive information from you, we may delete it. We ask that you not disclose sensitive information to us or otherwise transmit sensitive information through the Website. Please notify Belong Designs, at the contact information disclosed below, if you believe any of your sensitive information has been transmitted or disclosed to us.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent ?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent ?
If after you opt - in , you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
351 W. 45th Ave,
Denver, Colorado US 80216
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI - DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI - DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI - DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service here or Privacy Statement here.
SECTION 5 - THIRD - PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third - party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us. However, certain third - party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase - related transactions. For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third - party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located. As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Our store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology(SSL) and stored with a AES - 256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100 % secure, we follow all PCI - DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt - out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session(referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight(relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
Cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where.
As you browse belongdesigns.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with belongdesigns.com. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
351 W. 45th Ave,
Denver, Colorado US 80216