Do you Belong on our team?
Type of Work: Part-time
Location: Denver, CO
About Belong Designs
Belong was born out of the Rocky Mountains and built for modern day adventurers. Offering a variety of clothing and accessories for both men and women, our products feature premium performance fabrics, durable but soft sports apparel, and innovative designs. Whether you're training for a marathon, working on your latest passion project, or grabbing a cup of coffee with a friend, Belong apparel keeps you comfortable in any situation. As the brand evolves and the world continues to change, our mantra remains the same, “Follow your passion, do what you love, find where you Belong”.
Who We’re Looking For
Belong Designs is seeking a hard-working, self-starting, and well-presented individual to join the team in a Retail Sales - Events capacity. As a weekend warrior you are enthusiastic, reliable and have experience working in Retail. As a Type A, positive person you exhibit leadership ability and are looking for new retail opportunities that will allow you to advance your career. You have a positive attitude, and are willing to take direction and learn, relishing the opportunity to grow within a small, fast paced and rapidly scaling company.
What You’ll Do
This person's responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Report directly to Chief Operations Officer
- Move, Set Up and Pack down Gear
- Greet customers and ascertain what each customer wants or needs, responding to questions
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Operate cash registers and manage financial transactions
- Perform tasks such as counting money
- Describe merchandise and explain use, operation and care of merchandise to customers
- Achieve established goals
- Move event equipment, boxes and apparel at events
- Three years of work experience. This can be for the student council, lifeguarding or otherwise; we just want to see that you have worked before and can conduct yourself professionally as this is a customer facing role
- Sales and Retail Experience preferred but not mandatory
- Hardworking, Self-starter with a strong work ethic
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Well spoken with good writing skills
It is expected that you will be able to provide your own mode of transportation to and from events.
Compensation and Expectations
This is a paid opportunity with a rate of $12 per hour, however we are also open to compensation in the form of reimbursement of our apparel to the value of $24 per hour.
This is a weekend position working Events with scope to move into a weekday and weekends part time or full time role in our flagship store opening in June.
How to Apply
To apply, please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please explain why you want this position, what you believe your strengths are and why.